If there was an award for the “shortest night sleep”, I would probably be an excellent candidate.


I got home at 1.30am after an amazing 18th birthday party and finished packing at 2.30am. This meant I had about an hour and a half to take off my dinner jacket,brush my teeth,have a quick nap,wear another suit and jump in the car to get to the airport.

Despite the fact that I managed to sleep for less than an hour, I eventually arrived at the airport at 4.40am,checked on the screen the 6.30 am flight FR4191 to Stansted airport and went straight to the gate.

As I entered the aircraft, I soon realised it was my lucky day because I got my own row of seats,which meant I could lay flat the whole flight. Unfortunately my luck soon disappeared as I heard the flight attendant announce:”Ladies and Gentlemen there will be a slight delay due to technical problem”.
The “slight delay” turned out to be more than 35 minutes.

I landed at 8.15 and got on a bus, which took me to Stratford. After that I only had to go to Canada Water using the Tube.

After a quick brunch with my cousin(which hosted me for the entire period), I began my journey to Westminster University to collect the first prospectus. Being rather tired from the morning flight, I decided to spend the rest of the day just visiting shops and outlets in Regent Street.

On Saturday I spent the entire morning in Portobello Road Market, where I surprisingly didn’t buy anything. After that, I had lunch and went to the UCL and the London Metropolitan University,which was unfortunately closed. But this wasn’t the main problem.
In fact, as I began walking towards the Tube station, I realised I was chased by a thousand people who just got out of the Emirates Stadium after an Arsenal match and were trying to take the underground just like me. Luckily I managed to escape the crowd and got home just in time to have supper with my cousin and her flatmate.

Sunday was dedicated to shopping: I went to Canary Wharf at 9 am and left at 4 pm. Even if I spent almost 7 hours in the shops, I only bought a wallet and a few other accessories.

...turned out to be one of the scariest experiences of my entire life!
I was genuinely quite scared…

I decided to cheer myself up by undertaking another amazing adventure by renting a Santander Bike to cycle around London, which turned out to be one of the scariest experience of my entire life!

I then discovered that my cousin had organised a night out with a few of her colleagues and I decided to join them.

We went to a Salsa Club(which was bad news for me since I’m not a very good dancer) and stayed there until 3am. Then we managed to catch the N1 Bus, which took us home by 4am.

The following day, I woke up at 11am and decided to collect the last prospectuses before going back home. So I went to Birkbeck University and to the London Metropolitan University, before taking the overground to Stratford.

Having saved very little time, I went to Canary Wharf and ran to River Island shop, where I couldn’t help buying an amazing shoulder bag.

I rushed home to collect my bags and took the underground to Stratford with my cousin. We then got on the National Express bus to Stansted Airport and spent several hours just having fun before catching our flight.

We landed around 11pm and got home at midnight. I finished unpacking my bag at 1.30 am, which meant I only had 4 hours of sleep before waking up to go to my last first day of high school.

One thought on “#FourDaysinLondon

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s